Access at Titanic’s Dock
At Titanic’s Dock & Pump-House we aim to meet all requirements of our visitors. If you require any further information, please contact us on 028 9073 7813
Titanic’s Dock & Pump-House Accessibility
- Titanic’s Dock & Pump-House has limited disabled access
- Titanic Dock has one entrance, which has level ramp access.
- The main entrance will take you in to the Pump-House Café which has a level concrete floored surface.
- The Pump-House Café has lift access (which will accommodate wheelchairs) to the restrooms and mezzanine floor.
- The ticket desks are on the ground floor of the café.
Parking for Titanic’s Dock & Pump-House is shared with the Northern Ireland Science Park, with over 500 spaces available. Patrons of the Pump-House Café will have their parking ticket validated free of charge (subject to minimum spend). Value Cabs, our taxi partner, have a number of accessible vehicles and can drop visitors off at the Taxi point beside the SS Caroline. For taxi bookings, call +44 (0)28 9080 9080.
The circulation space inside the Pump-House Café is fully accessible for wheelchairs. However, inside the original Pump-House has limited access. Access around the Pump-well balcony is too narrow for most wheelchairs. The Pumps however, can be viewed without accessing the balconies by wheelchair users. Wheelchair users can view Titanic’s Dry-Dock from its surrounding concrete walkway. Please note the Dock’s concrete walkway includes some uneven ground and/or cobbles and gravel to access the walkway. There is no disabled access to the floor of Titanic’s Dock. We operate a policy of free entry for wheelchair users and their carers.
Scooters have similar access to wheelchairs as above, including free access.
There are accessible toilet facilities in the following areas:
- 1 Toilet – On the first floor of the Pump-House Café accessed via two staircases and a wheelchair friendly lift.
Facilities for the blind or partially sighted
Guide Dogs are welcome.
Titanic’s Dock & Pump-House operates a Free Carers Policy, whereby it offers a free carer ticket to any customer who requires essential assistance to visit our building.